Hometown: Hot Springs | Age: 27 | Where I trained: National Park College and on-the-job training | What I earned: TIG Welding Certificate and on-the-job training | Job title: Welder/Boat Builder | Employer: Alumacraft in Arkadelphia
What does a welder do?
Welders fuse and cut metal materials. They can work in several different industries, so welders might build structures or repair existing infrastructure.
“What I love most about my job is the people I work with. I’ve never worked anywhere where they treat you as if you are their family, and they care about their product.” – Tiffany
• Utilize welding machines to cut or fuse metals such as aluminum or steel.
• Understand blueprints and calculate dimensions and specifications for the welds.
• Safely clean, set up and maintain the equipment.
• Supervise the process to prevent overheating.
Expected growth from 2016 to 2026 in Arkansas.
Average annual job openings in Arkansas.
Jobs in Arkansas by 2026.
• Sawing Machine Operator
• Welding, Soldering and Brazing Machine Operator
• Cutting, Punching and Pressing Operator
• Lathe and Turning Machine Tool Operator
• Metal And Plastic Molding, Core Making and Casting Machine Operator
High-end earners (top 10%) make
Median wages in Arkansas
START YOUR TRAINING
READY TO HIRE YOU
|Central Flying Service|
|McKee Foods Corporation|
|Simmons Foods, Inc. & Affiliates|
|Union Pacific Railroad|
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and CareerOneStop.org