Hometown: Harrison | Age: 17 | Where I trained: North Arkansas College | What I earned: Associate degree in Automation Systems Integration-Electronics | Job title: Automation Apprentice | Employer: Pace Industries in Harrison
What does an electro-mechanical technician do?
Electro-mechanical technicians operate automated and robotic equipment. They use both electrical and mechanical expertise to maintain and repair the manufacturing equipment, typically found in a factory setting.
“I personally think the biggest benefit in any skilled trade is the knowledge.” - Dalton
• Comprehend equipment manuals, blueprints, schematics and diagrams to assemble and repair equipment.
• Operate automated, robotic and electro-mechanical equipment to make products.
• Evaluate new technologies.
• Install electronic systems and upgrade existing systems.
• Use measuring instruments to test assemblies and robotic equipment.
• Document test results and analysis.
expected growth from 2016 to 2026 in Arkansas.
There are going to be jobs for the taking, as a recent study revealed that, at the present pace, this industry faces a job shortage of 2 million workers over the next decade.*
High-end earners (top 10%) make
Median wages in the U.S.
START YOUR TRAINING
READY TO HIRE YOU
|ABB Motors & Mechanical Inc.|
|L'Oreal Maybelline Co.|
|McKee Foods Corporation|
|Simmons Foods Inc. & Affiliates|
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and CareerOneStop.org
*TheManufacturingInstitute.org with Boston Consulting Group and Deloitte