Hometown: Russellville | Age: 25 | Where I trained: University of Arkansas Community College at Morrilton | What I earned: Associate of Applied Science in HVAC and EPA certification | Job title: Service Technician | Employer: Jones Heating & Air in Benton
What does an HVACR technician do?
HVACR technicians install, maintain and repair the heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems in buildings. These machines control the temperature and air quality in homes and businesses.
“There are opportunities to work in either residential settings or commercial settings. Management opportunities are also available.” – Grey
• Install heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems for customers.
• Replace outdated systems with energy-efficient technology.
• Repair systems and replace parts when problems arise.
• Ensure the systems meet safety regulations to keep the environment safe.
• Record activities, installations and repairs over time.
• Dispose of hazardous parts and chemicals in an ethical and safe manner.
Expected growth from 2016 to 2026 in Arkansas.
Average annual job openings in Arkansas.
Jobs in Arkansas by 2026.
• Refrigeration Mechanic and Installer
• Elevator Installer and Repairer
• Control and Valve Installer
High-end earners (top 10%) make
Median wages in Arkansas
START YOUR TRAINING
READY TO HIRE YOU
|Kimbel Mechanical Systems|
|McKee Foods Corporation|
|Simmons Foods Inc. & Affiliates|
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and CareerOneStop.org