Hometown: Mammoth Springs | Age: 20 | Where I trained: University of Arkansas Community College at Batesville | What I earned: Associate of Applied Science in Industrial Technology | Job title: Product Developer | Employer: Intimidator Group in Batesville
What does a CAD/CAM drafter do?
Computer-aided design (CAD) or computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) drafters take the vision of an architect or engineer and use computer software to create 2D design drawings or 3D simulations to aid in production. Drafters can work in a broad range of fields, so their designs could lead to sleek electronics or towering buildings.
“I like being able to design something from scratch and seeing it through all the way until it’s a finished product. I also like being able to think of an idea, turn it into a reality and hold it in my hand.” - Aaron
• Develop plans or layouts utilizing computer-aided design software.
• Work with architects or engineers to create accurate design for products.
• Include precise details such as the dimensions and materials.
• Communicate with the company about codes, standards and specifications.
• Conduct product design, development and testing.
expected growth from 2016 to 2026 in Arkansas.
• Mechanical Drafter
• Electrical Drafter
• Civil Drafter
• Commercial and Industrial Designer
• Mapping Technician
High-end earners (top 10%) make
Median wages in Arkansas
START YOUR TRAINING
READY TO HIRE YOU
|ABB Motors & Mechanical Inc.|
|Simmons Foods Inc. & Affiliates|
Sources: Bureau of Labor Statistics and CareerOneStop.org