5 College Allies to Have on Speed Dial
- Campus PD: Safety first, so have this number handy for the first sign of trouble. They’ll also be able to help in case you need something like a boost to your dead car battery.
- One person from every single class you’re taking each semester: If you have to miss a lecture (and we don’t advise it), you’ll need to get the notes from someone. And you’ll need study buddies year-round – but never more so than during finals week.
- Your roommate/suitemate: They’ll have a key if you get locked out. Oh, and if your roommate disappears for a couple days, give them a courtesy call to make sure they’re OK. It’s important that you watch out for each other.
- Your resident advisor: Call your RA for backup when your neighbor is practicing the guitar at 2 a.m. or if you’ve caught your roommate stealing. They’ll handle the situation in a diplomatic way, so you can avoid a fight.
- Your academic advisor: Can’t find those CLEP credits on your transcript or get into a particular class (that one you need to graduate)? Call your advisor. Their job is to keep you on track toward graduation.