Scholarships aren’t just for colleges and universities. Several Arkansas companies and programs award scholarships to high school students to continue their training in the technical professions. Here are a few national and statewide scholarships worth applying for:
1. The Arkansas Trucking Association offers the Carl Tapp Memorial Scholarship Fund worth $7,500 for students to pursue training for a career in medium- and heavy-duty truck technology.
2. Nuts, Bolts & Thingamajigs provides scholarships up to $3,500 for students pursuing degrees that will lead to manufacturing careers.
3. Mike Rowe from “Dirty Jobs” offers a Work Ethic Scholarship through the mikeroweWORKS Foundation.
4. The ArFuture Grant aims to increase the education and skills of Arkansas’ workforce. The grant applies to students enrolled in STEM or regional high-demand areas of study.
5. The American Welding Society offers a variety of scholarships, from national to district scholarships that range from $1,000-$3,000.
P.S. Need help with your resume?
Build Your Future can help you construct a resume that will get you hired. The organization’s website tells you everything you need to include (and not include) to get a job in a technical profession.